- 1.5 cup super fine natural almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free, old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tea spoons baking powder
- 2 table spoons ground flax seeds
- 1 table spoon chia seeds
- 1 table spoon hemp seeds
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1-2 tea spoons organic ground cinnamon
- 2 table spoons Lakanto sweetener (erythritol and Monk fruit sweetener)
- 1-2 organic finely chopped apples (I use pink lady apples or honeycrisp apples)
- ½ cup to ¾ cup dried, organic frozen cranberries
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, Lakanto sweetener
- In another bowl, mix 2 eggs and add avocado oil, maple syrup and almond milk, and mix.
- Add the mix to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Skin and finely chop 1-2 apples.
- Mash a banana.
- Add apples, banana and cranberries to the mixture.
- Add walnuts.
- Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Grease the muffin pan with avocado oil.
- Place the mix into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until ready (I use the toothpick test and look for a nice healthy glow) at 375 F, and cool before serving.
Yields 12 muffins.
If you do not have a large group to share the muffins with, once cooled you may freeze them and take them out of the freezer to reheat for breakfast or snack.