- 5 medium organic apples (my favorites are pink lady but I encourage you to use any kind of apple you like, as long as it’s organic)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto sweetener (erythritol and Monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans as pecan halves or roughly chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Lakanto sweetener (erythritol and Monk fruit sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Earth Balance buttery spread
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Base: Peel, core, and cut apples into 4 roughly equal pieces. Place apples in a large mixing bowl. Add Lakanto sweetener, lemon juice, almond flour, and cinnamon. Mix all of the ingredients until evenly distributed. Lightly grease an oven pan with avocado oil. Pour the mixture into the oven pan and spread evenly.
- Topping: Next, take another large bowl, or use the prior bowl to mix the almond flour, oats, pecans, Lakanto sweetener, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt for the topping. Mix. Add the buttery spread and gently work it into the mixture (with a spoon or clean hands) until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Pour the topping evenly on the base and bake until topping is golden brown. This will likely take approximately 45 minutes. You may consider mixing or rotating halfway through cooking.
- Allow it to cool down to warm or room temperature and serve!