17 Oct Apple Crisp
*note: All (or as many as possible) of my ingredients are organic.
- 6 peeled, cored and sliced organic apples (my faves are organic honey crisp and pink lady)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup almond flour (you can try a different type of flour here too, if you prefer; my other
favorites are rye and whole wheat flour, but I have not tried this recipe with them)
- ¾ cup old fashioned, rolled oats
- ¼ cup coarsely ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup wheatgerm
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- After rinsing, cut up, peel and core 6 apples. Put them in a frying pan that has a light
layer of extra virgin olive oil. Cook them on low heat, pour ½ teaspoon brown sugar and
mix gently until lightly cooked.
- Put the apples in an oven pan.
- Pour maple syrup, extra virgin olive oil, almond flour, oats, flax seeds, wheatgerm and
cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture on top of the apples.
- Bake at 375 F heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the apple crisp cool down for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- May add vanilla non-dairy frozen dessert.