02 Oct Banana dark chocolate chip muffins
- 1.5 cup of super fine natural almond flour (you can also use rye flour or whole wheat flour or other flour of your choice)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tea spoon baking powder
- 2 table spoons of flax seeds
- 1 tea spoon of chia seeds
- 1 table spoon of wheat germ
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk, or another milk of your choice
- 1 cup of chopped raw walnuts
- 2 bananas (mashed up)
- ½-1 cup semi sweet dark chocolate chips (the higher the cacao content, the better)
- 1 tea spoon organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ tea spoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, wheat germ, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
- In another bowl, mix 2 eggs and add olive oil, maple syrup and milk and gently mix.
- Add the mix to dry ingredients and stir.
- Add the mashed up banana and chocolate chips.
- Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Grease the muffin pan with olive oil or vegetable oil spray.
- Place the mix into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 F, and cool before serving.