14 Aug Gluten-free Mixed Berry Walnut Muffins
I modified the recipe from Only Gluten Free Recipes to make these delicious and healthy treats for my family; the recipe below has been modified by me.
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup gluten free brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free sprouted rolled oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. gluten-free organic ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. freshly ground flax+chia seeds + 6 tbsp. water (mix and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes)
- 2-3 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup non-fat milk or dairy-free milk such as coconut, almond or rice milk
Mixed berry walnut muffins:
- 1 cup of organic blueberries
- 1 cup of organic raspberries
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 cups of roughly chopped raw walnuts
*you may also add/replace with strawberries here
Cocoa banana muffins:
- 2-3 bananas
- ¼ cup 100% unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon (and walnuts if making the mixed berry walnut muffins).
- In another bowl, mix 2 eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, milk and flax+chia mix. Add the mix to dry ingredients and stir. Add all the berries (or cocoa and bananas cut up in small pieces) and gently combine all the ingredients.
- Place the mix into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 F, and cool before serving.