- Approximately 1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 table spoon tomato paste
- 2½-3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Vegeta (non MSG) (OR ½-1 cup vegetable broth if you are not using Vegeta)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Option: ½ cup green peas, broccoli, or bell peppers (or a mix of all three!)
Boil water in a saucepan and pour in rice (generally use 2 cups of water for 1 cup of brown rice). Stir, then cover the pot and simmer until cooked, for about 45 minutes (keep the lid on the pot throughout this time). Let it cool down.
In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute. When onion turns yellowish, add diced carrots (option: add another vegetable of choice). Continue to stir, and after a few minutes, add cooked rice. Stir and add water (as needed), vegeta and salt. Add tomato paste and mix well until evenly mixed and all vegetables are well cooked.