- 2.5 cups super fine natural almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup organic cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Lakanto sweetener (erythritol and Monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ cup organic soy or almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips (Enjoy life is a non-GMO dark chocolate chip brand I use)
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and Lakanto sweetener
- In another bowl, mix 2 eggs and add avocado oil, soy or almond milk, and mix.
- Add the mix to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Mash a banana, add to the mix and stir well.
- Optional: Add walnuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Grease the muffin pan with avocado oil.
- Place the mix into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until ready (I use the toothpick test and look for a nice healthy glow) at 375 F, and cool before serving.
Yields 12 muffins.
If you do not have a large group to share the muffins with, once cooled you may freeze them and take them out of the freezer to reheat for a snack.