Bojana Jankovic Weatherly, MD FACP MSc IFMCP
FOUNDER & CEO
Dr. Bojana (Boy•ana) Jankovic Weatherly is an award-winning physician, double board-certified in internal and integrative medicine. After completing an internal medicine residency, she did a fellowship in integrative medicine, trained in functional medicine, nutrition, and mindfulness. Her approach is rooted in evidence-based medicine that is personalized to each individual she works with.
She partners with her patients to discover and address the root causes of their conditions and develops individualized plans to support and empower each unique individual to achieve her or his health goals. As part of her mission to deliver accessible, evidence-based health and wellness information, she created this website, featuring her videos, articles, and recipes.
Dr. Bojana is the recipient of several patient satisfaction awards at Cedars-Sinai and was recognized as the Southern California Top Doctors’ Rising Star in 2016 and 2017 and awarded the Top Doctor recognition in 2018 and 2019 in New York.
Prior to starting her integrative medicine and functional medicine practice, she worked as a primary care physician at Cedars-Sinai Medical Group and Crossover Health, provided executive healthcare at EHE, and worked at Dr. Frank Lipman’s Eleven Eleven Wellness.
She was the Co-Founder of and served as the Chief Medical Officer of WellStart Health, a digital therapeutics startup for chronic disease prevention and reversal. She currently serves as their Medical Advisor.
A lifelong learner, she completed a fellowship in Integrative Medicine established by Dr. Andrew Weil at the University of Arizona and continues to train in functional medicine at The Institute for Functional Medicine.
She completed her Internal Medicine residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and West LA Veterans Affairs in Los Angeles.
She completed medical school, Master of Science (Experimental Medicine), and Bachelor of Science (Biophysics Honors) degrees at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada.
Throughout her academic career, Dr. Bojana Jankovic Weatherly performed research in endocrinology and oncology, published papers in peer-reviewed journals, and presented her work at academic conferences.
She is the recipient of numerous honors and awards. She has also established herself as an educator and speaker, teaching medical students and residents, and speaking on health topics in academic and corporate settings, and wellness events.
She has also shared her medical expertise on MSNBC, Today Show, and Rachael Ray.
In addition to serving on the Board of Environmental Working Group, she serves on the Board of Directors and has been honored for her contribution by Lifeline New York, a nonprofit organization that provides support to Serbian hospitals and children in need, and is on the Board of Tryall Fund, a non-profit organization that promotes health and education in Jamaica.
Dr. Bojana loves spending time with her two children and husband in nature, experimenting in the kitchen, doing ballet barre, and practicing mindfulness and yoga. Her not guilty pleasure: reishi mushroom coffee in the morning. Guilty pleasure: anything with chocolate.
To request an appointment with Dr. Bojana Jankovic Weatherly, please call 646.627.8000. She is licensed to help you in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and California.
Education + Training
- 2016 – 2018 University of Arizona, Tuscon, AZ Integrative Medicine Fellowship, established by Dr. Andrew Weil
- 2010 – 2013 Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/West LA Veterans Affairs, Los Angeles, CA Internal Medicine Residency
- 2009 – 2010 University of California, School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA Coursework in Epidemiology
- 2005 – 2009 University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC MD, Faculty of Medicine
- 2003 – 2005 University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC MSc (Experimental Medicine)
- 1998 – 2003 University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC BSc (Biophysics Honors) Dean’s List Standing
Certifications + Courses
- 2017 – Present Institute of Functional Medicine Clinical Modules: Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice, Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module
- 2016 – Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course, Insight LA, Santa Monica, CA
- 2015-2016 – Perfect Health Educator Chopra Center, Carlsbad, CA
Recent Clinical Honors + Awards
- Top Internal Medicine Physician by Top Doc New York 2019
- Top Internal Medicine Physician by Top Doc New York 2018
- Southern California Top Doctors’ Rising Star 2016, 2017
Patient satisfaction awards at Cedars-Sinai, including:
- Circle of Friends 2015-2017
- Patient Satisfaction Survey Award for outstanding performance 2014
- Gordon Award for exceptional patient satisfaction and customer service 2014
American Board of Physician Specialties
Board-certified in integrative medicine
The Institute for Functional Medicine
Certified by the The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFMCP)