- 1 can black beans (drained and well rinsed) – 1.5 cups
- 3 table spoons cocoa powder
- ½ cup rolled old fashion oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 table spoons coarsely ground flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup soy milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely cut walnuts
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- After rinsing and draining the canned beans, place them on stove top at
medium heat. Mix frequently, ensuring they don’t stick to the pan, and cook
until they soften up enough so they can be easily mashed up.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, oats, baking powder, flax seeds,
nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingredients: olive oil, maple syrup, soy milk and vanilla extract,
and mix well.
- Add black beans and mix well.
- Put the mixture in a blender or a food processor and blend well.
- Put the blended mixture in a bowl, add chocolate chips and finely chopped
walnuts, and gently mix.
- Grease the pan with olive oil or vegetable oil spray.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Cook the brownies for 20 minutes, then let them cool down for 10-15
minutes, before cutting and serving them.