- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup 100% cocoa powder
- ¼ almond or soy milk (may use more, depending on desired texture)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Mash 2 avocados.
- Add cocoa powder.
- Add almond or soy milk and mix all the ingredients.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix until even or put in a food blender for
a more even texture.
Et voila – chocolate mousse is ready!
Sounds scrumptious. Do you have a substitute for maple syrup? It’s not available in the Basque Country 🙁 Thanks.
I will definitely give this a try. I love chocolate mousse.
Wonderful! Enjoy and let us know your thoughts.
I wanted to try this too, being very gluttony … but …I have never eaten the avocado and I do not know what taste to expect, can anyone tell me which other fruit looks like in terms of taste?
Thank you for the question. Honestly, I don’t even taste the avocado in this. It’s rich in omega 3 fatty acids and is creamy/buttery, for the lack of a better description. It really just adds texture, rather than taste. Anyone have any other input?
I recently discovered your recipe and despite the surprise of finding avocados, I was pleasantly surprised so thank you Bojana for this.
I also test using
* 150g dark chocolate pastry
* 150ml of chickpea juice
* 30g to 60g of powdered sugar according to preferences
* vanilla sugar
* 1 pinch of fleur de sel (I do not know if it’s only sold in France)