02 Oct Kid-friendly Healthy Comfort muffins
• 1.5 cup super fine natural almond flour (you can also use rye flour, whole wheat flour or another flour of your choice)
• 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 2 tea spoons baking powder
• 2 table spoons flax seeds
• 1 tea spoon chia seeds
• 1 table spoon wheat germ
• ½ cup – 1 cup chopped raw walnuts (I prefer a full cup for health + taste benefits!)
• 1 organic peach finely chopped
• 1 organic apple finely chopped (I recommend pink lady apples)
• 2 eggs
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ½ cup pure maple syrup
• ½ cup almond milk, or another milk of your choice
· 1 tea spoon organic ground cinnamon
· ¼ tea spoon ground nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon ginger
(Variation: instead of apples and peaches, for a high dose of antioxidants, you can prepare a berry mix: 1 cup of goji berry, cranberry and blueberry mixed in equal parts or as desired with the option of adding ½ cup of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips. The higher the cacao content, the better.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, wheat germ, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
3. In another bowl, mix 2 eggs and add olive oil, maple syrup and milk, and mix gently.
4. Add the mix to dry ingredients and stir.
5. Skin and finely chop apple and peach, and add to the mixture.
6. Gently mix all the ingredients.
7. Grease the muffin pan with olive oil or vegetable oil spray.
8. Place the mix into a muffin pan.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 F, and cool before serving (I bake for 33 minutes usually).